Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Scary" Reality

So here it is. My first day using Medifast and Take Shape for Life. I am going to be documenting my journey so I am going to be wide open with this process. First as you can see from the picture, not a "pretty" sight. But here are the stats:
  • Height 6' 2"
  • Weight 268 lb's (Most I have weighed since playing college football)
  • Body Fat 22% (My best has been 10%)
  • BMI 34.4 (10 points higher than it should be)
  • Waist 40"

Here is what my goals are in the next 8 weeks.

  1. Weightloss 45 lb's
  2. Body fat at 12% or less
  3. Waist 36"
  4. Training for a triathalon.

Just so everyone knows this is the worst I have ever looked and felt. About 2 years ago I tore my achilles tendon. It took me over 1 year to get back to exercising like I could before. The problem was though I had gained quite a bit of weight and had some very bad habbits. So even after I started exercising again i stilled gained weight. I know that my story is similar to many. Whether it is an injury that starts it or pregnancy or something else. The important thing though is what are we doing to change it. Are we just "hoping" that it will "magically" improve without doing anything different. Suprisingly I lived like that for a period of time. I now realize there isn't a magic pill. However Medifast makes it simple and fool proof. It works for anybody. So get started with me. Change your life. Call to get started 801-878-3304.

Dr. T

No comments:

Post a Comment